I felt like doing a larger leaf dragon last week and below is how it turned out. I used Derwent colored pencils on 14x17in. Bristol paper. It didn't quite fit into the IKEA frame I had, so I added some orange paper to bridge the gap. At some point, I will give the picture a proper second mat (or find a smaller frame.
To color number 268, I used Derwent Inktense colored pencils, but for number 272 I used Faber-Castell Watercolor pencils. My scanner is making the orange redder than it should be so I photoshopped these two. #268 came out more successfully than #272, when the image is compared to it's original card.