Sunday, October 25, 2015

Journal Book


After finishing the Summer 2015 scrapbook and getting it mailed off, I made myself a Journal and a planner, but more on that in another post. Since I usually make my things fairly uniform, I decided to make my journal a junk type journal so I could journal and put ephemera in it and be happy. As I started adding more pages, I kept having to change the binding to be wider and wider. An advantage I have found with the Combind is that it's easy to swap out the old coil for a new one. I alternated paper types and put in some pockets, both small for journaling cards and large to hold stuff not yet put in. I decided to use 5 tabs to break up the book into sections. I have labeled two of them Journaling #1 and Journaling #2 (inventive, I know) the other three I haven't labeled, but one will probably be 'Bible Journaling'.  I have peppered positive quotes and Bible verses throughout and bound in 1 cm tabs to attach journaling or more quote cards. You can see one of the tabs attached to the bottom of the plaid envelope.

Sometimes I journal every day and sometimes I go for weeks without writing a word. I am truly enjoying the freedom of this book :)

Have a great day!

Theta


Materials:
Ephemera
Combind
Paper: Binder paper, graph paper, cereal box cardboard for cover, Cardstock - ROCO, scrapbook paper - Recollections - Michaels
Washi tape: Longking Corp, Twin Seven, Somi Tape
Journaling Cards: Vintage Writing I - Vintage Glam Studios, Heidi Swapp's Sugar Chic Collection - Canon, Pure Happiness - Ashley Ann, Printable Tabs and Printable Journaling Cards - Sweetly Scrapped, Labeled for Travel - Creativity Prompt ( all these can be found on my pinterest boards here )




No comments:

Post a Comment