Tuesday, June 10, 2014

ATC flower and layouts with Project Life

I finished this ATC today. It took several days as I was working on other projects.


I looked into Becky Higgins' Project life and decided to download her free stuff and give it a try for our 2013 yearbook (yes it's 6 months late, but that's okay because by the time anyone gets a copy it will be 7 or 8 months late). So I downloaded her free starter pack, opened up Photoshop, and started piling in photos and cards. In a very short time, I had picked out pictures to use for each month and plopped in pictures and cards for every month except July. It went fast... I even turned and flipped some of the cards and resized photos when I clipped them to the mask. I did not add much in the way of embellishments - that would sending it out next year or so. July was a bit more difficult. That was the month we went on vacation to St. Moritz, Switzerland, and the big kids joined us, so we were all together for a short time. Too many pictures to choose from... so I made a few too many layouts of that time, but it really didn't take very long. After all the pictures and cards were loaded into the layouts, I journaled a bit in the spaces I had left for writing. That didn't take too long either. In less than a week I have a finished album ready for the printers that reminds us of what we did last year. This process usually takes me months and weeks and days. It was nice to let go and just plop things in. The kids love the prototype. Even though it's not up to my usual and the colors don't thrill me, I am incredibly happy that it is done, well almost - I have the challenge of uploading it to the printers.

Here are a sampling of the pages:

Project Life journaling card and paper, Theta photos and ATCs. The accompanying page has the birthday journaling and more birthday pictures.

Project Life paper, Theta photos

Project Life journaling card, filler cards, arrow, and paper, Theta photos, just a bit of photoshop brush on the month card.

I am planning on doing a separate album for our vacation using this system, possibly with my own papers and things. Although the colors in this free kit are not ones I would have chosen, they really worked well with the photos. I did recolor (using the same color palette) the two cards above Caramel and flipped one of them horizontally. 

It might be fun to do a black and white kit with my ATC flowers... hmmm...

Have a great day,

Theta

No comments:

Post a Comment