Saturday, September 10, 2016

Card - Friend

I made this card for a friend today. I have been making and embossing Spellbinders Shapeabilities feathers to use as embellishments. On this card I used three of the feathers after inking their edges with Memento by Tsukineko. The feather with the silver tip is cut from white cardsock with silver duct tape stuck to the paper before cutting and embossing.

I have also been making hearts with wings. I made a wing pattern and fussy cut the wings out of patterned paper. To make the heart, I stuck sparkly tape to a cereal box and punched the heart out. I glued a velum mini punched heart to it and glued on a blue gem to finish it off. Then i glued on the wings. Under the wings and heart I used foam tape and another heart. I like the way the hearts look with the top heart and wings up a bit. The heart underneath gives the element more stability and a large area to glue it down.

Under the heart with wings I placed an Art-C stamp & cut doily. I inked the edges of the doily. Under the doily went the feathers. Then I wrote 'friend' on a piece of blue Fabriano cardstock and inked the edges. The SBC light blue paper strip in the center is scented and printed with butterflies. Down the center of the paper strip I put blue metallic tape and on top a strip of paper lace. Next I glued down the heart with wings and friend elements. This strip I glued to a blue piece of Fabriano cardstock and glued the whole thing to a card front. Then I added the black doilies cut from Daiso lace washi tape. Lastly, I added gems.

Have a great day!

Theta

No comments:

Post a Comment