Friday, September 23, 2016

Sparkled Butterflies (a Studio G and Stickles Diamond comparison)

 I printed these butterflies from What a Beautiful Mess and Stampomania-Challenge about a year ago and have been fussy cutting them off and on for awhile. I use them on cards and in my Happy Mail. Sometimes I glue them down as they were printed, but I like them best when they have a bit of glitter and/or shine on them. The butterflies on the left have Studio G Glitter Glue on them and the ones on the right have Ranger's Diamond Stickles. As you can see from the pictures, the Studio G brand is a greeny-blue and the Stickles is a red-gold. They each give a very different feel to the butterflies. The other difference is that the Studio G dried smoother than the Stickles. The Stickles feels like glitter and is rough, the glitter comes off a bit when brushed.

Some of the smaller butterflies I covered in Plaid's Mod Podge Dimensional Magic. This made them thicker and shiny. First I decorated the butterflies with the Studio G Glitter Glue, let it dry, then covered the butterfly with Dimensional Magic. The glitter shows up very nicely under the shine. I have not put Dimensional Magic over Stickles, but it should work the same and also help smooth the glitter out making it stay on better.

I am looking forward to having a bunch of glittered butterflies to pick from for my Happy Mail. Also, now I won't have to wait for the butterflies to dry before using them, which will make the creating process go a bit faster, possibly...

For the antenna, I have been using some pearl cotton yarn that is about the thickness of one or two strands of black embroidery floss. I think it is for crocheting and may be a #8 thickness as the DMC Petra I have is a #5 and thicker.

Have a great day!

Theta

No comments:

Post a Comment